hello there


Friday, March 03, 2006

cocks who enjoy telling you someone is dead

This is about someone dying.

The man most responsible for driving the final nail in the head of changing my politics from hippy dippy lefty dumbass actor democrat to clear thinking freedom loving Libertarian, Harry Browne, has died.

He'd been ill for quite a while and had lost the use of his legs and wasn't looking well on his net broadcasts so it seemed inevitable. It's beyond a shame.

But, you know, the man changed a lot of lives and a whole bunch of minds.

I saw him speak a couple of times when he was running for president in 2000 and one of the great moments of my life was when he introduced me at the 2004 Libertarian National Convention when I spoke about my Security Edition cards there.

He ruled. That's all. He was just a great man.

Here's the really stunning thing. People who know that I would care that he died forward email and leave phone messages.

Listen to me you fuckers: Do NOT leave a phone message or forward an email when someone dies. It is rude. "Hi, someone you cared about is dead. Talk to you later!" or "Here's an email I thought might interest you..."

When Peggy Feury died, 5 motherfuckers had left phone messages about it. There is a race to be the first to bear bad news and it was never more apparent then. Fortunately ( you know what I mean) I had heard about Peggy before I had to listen to these assholes gleefuly inform me that an important person in my life had died.

If you forward an email or leave a phone message about someone dying then you are a cunt. Plain and simple. It is nearly unforgiveable.

Man.

Anyway... here is a great piece he wrote. If you're not hip to what Libertarian is all about, this is a good starting place:

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/browne.php?articleid=8626

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home