hello there


Sunday, October 22, 2006

rambling update

There has been a paucity of whining here. It must mean that I'm back and enjoying myself. That would be a yes.

The weather here is just beautiful. It's definitely fall and that is always a drag, but at least it's 80 degrees and I'm wearing short pants.

I've been spending money like it's going out of style. And, if i keep it up, it will be out of style. But I bought a McBook (some call it a macbook... blech!) and made the switch to apple. got a big dick 23" dell monitor to use with it at home, etc. Pretty nutty. And, I'm going to be spending a boatload (to me, at least) on our first vacation ever. It will also be our honeymoon.

Corey-oke is playing every Tuesday night in November at the The Joint in L.A.

Spamscam will not be playing Chicago in November. Probably February. We'll see.

Working with a friend on a script idea. It's way early. We shall see.

I've been doing a whole lot of nothing.

For my birthday last year (dec 25) Jessie bought me a massage at Burke/Williams. We finally went today.

I don't know, there's something about that place that just seems like a scam. I think they fuck over everyone. The Massueses ass well ass the customers. I imaging that a Massuese probably only gets 30-40 for a massage they charge 120 bucks for. It's a racket.

It certainly is nice sitting in the Yahoozi and the steam room and the water pressure in the showers is truly amazing. Carr's wife, Marion, who is a massuese, spoiled me. She knew exactly how to go realllllly deep in my back. The woman today was pretty much average.

When I went to "check out"... see... that's what I mean... they call settling the bill "checking out", like it was all schmanzy fancy. The place is bullshit. There's something very sinister about it. Not complaining. Just making an observation. So... When I went to check out, it turns out that Jessie had bought me the deluxe 80 minute pound the fuck out of you depth charge massage. I had showed the gift cert. to them when I arrived and they didn't mention it then. The attitude of the girl afterwards was "oh well, sucks to be you" and vaguely suggested I leave the 80 bucks as a tip for the massuesse, which I was thinking of doing because I'm pretty sure they don't even pay her parking. "We treat these like cash" but I had an extra 30 bucks and they won't give the cash. She suggested I buy something... one of their stuffed cancer bears or something. I don't know. It's a weird place with great water pressure and lots of towels.

Hmmm.


Be that as it may...

The unintended consequence of Minneapolis is that I dropped all the weight and then some that I gained last year when we begain looking for houses.

I got postcards made up to send to directors and producers I've worked with over the years that say "dean cameron: still alive".

We'll see how that goes over.

That is all. Trying not to whine and complain.

So much less to whine and complain about here... tis true... so true...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a director or producer, but, may I have a postcard anyway?

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home